Sunday 3 October 2010

This week!

This week in performing arts, most of our lessons were costume design. Our current project is based on historical costumes and we will eventually make our own. However, we have to do a lot of research into styles, patterns and colours that will fit with the historical theme we have been given.

my neturals mood board

We choose what colours we wanted to use at the very start of the course and we have been producing painted colour charts for each of our colours (mine are gold, naturals and blue). Then at the start of this week, we had to produce another colour chart but with paper, we had cut of out magazines. I think it was quite hard trying to find all the different shades we needed but in the end, it did look very effective.

Towards the end of the week, we began to create a mood board. We will eventually have one for each of our colours but this week I only managed o complete my natural’s one that you can see in the picture. I am not very artistic but I do not think I did to badly. At the start of the course I did not think I would enjoy the costume design part very much as I am not very arty but I am having loads of fun with it now and I really look forward to the lessons, I have learnt loads already!


In Dance this week, we continued to look at DV8. We started doing workshops and the idea was we were meant to try to learn how to use natural flow, like Lloyd Newson, to travel across the room in a group. I am really starting to appreciate Newsons work and chorography as I personally found this quite hard to start with. I think this is because the natural flow idea is very new to all of us. It is a unique way of dancing that no one in our group will have tried before. It got a bit easier as we sort of just moved forward instead of trying to plan every step we wanted to do. So far, I am really enjoying learning about Dv8 and I love trying to dance/move how they do even if I am not too good at it yet. I can’t wait to carry on next week.

1 comment:

  1. I actually LOVE your mood board picture Chloe! For someone who says 'I'm not very arty', that looks VERY ARTY to me!!

    I actually look forward to reading your blog as you really do develop your ideas and think carefully about WHAT you are doing and HOW it links in with the themes/ideas we are exploring.

    More of the same please and don't forget to give the detail of HOW you put something together. Well done.

    ReplyDelete