Wednesday 4 May 2011

constructing the corset

in costume construction at the moment we are working on constructiing a corset to accompany our skirts. these are the steps to completing the corset.

first of all we placed a template on the denim and carefully cut around it using material scissors.
Then, once all the pieces had been cut out, I pinned each section to the next in the right order.
To ensure they stayed together I then used needle and thread to tack over where I had previously pinned. the reason for tacking was so that when I reached the sewing machine I had a guideline of where to sew and so that each part was already in the correct place, saving a lot of time at the sewing machine.
Once I have completed sewing the bodice together I will use rosettes, badges and pins to decorate the bodice and skirt. I will be adding denim edging to the bodice so it looks more finished and neat.
On the back I will be adding an elastic strip to ensure the bodice fits correctly and comfortably and can be performed in.
 
so far my corset construction is going well and im really enjoying it because its not as difficault as i thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment