Sunday 19 February 2012

evaluation of jazz workshops

The jazz workshops I participated in were really enjoyable and I had great time learning about the dance styles I wouldn’t usually even think about. I found learning the rock and roll version easiest I think because its most like what I’m used to but the contemporary was still great fun to try out. I enjoyed rock and roll most as well because it was really pace and cute and the music choice was well selected to make it more fun. If I was to do my own workshop again I would perhaps try to break down the moves I’m teaching more because some people struggled with street as it was so different to the ballet/contemporary style they were used to. And maybe pick a faster song because the one we choose was quite slow and people may have enjoyed it more if it was faster and had a stronger beat, this would also have made movements look more effective. I think that the workshops worked really well and everyone had a great time. More importantly we all learnt how to teach a routine to a group of people and break it down to make it easier which is an important skill to have. The routines themselves were really lovely! The ballet one especially flowed well and had some nice technical moves in that were nice to learn and looked very effective. Considering it was our first go at teaching an entire routine I think everyone did a really good job and the final outcome shows this.

1 comment:

  1. Chloe, you need to know specifics about your dance and the way you taught it etc. You must thoroughly evaluate the entire process.

    ReplyDelete