Sunday 19 February 2012

WE WILL ROCK YOU @ the domminion theatre

On Thursday during half term I went up to London with my mum and sister because my sister had been begging for weeks to see the lion king, luckily for me we got a bit lost and ended up walking past the dominion theatre where we will rock you is currently playing and she fell in love with the giant gold Freddie mercury and the pictures all around advertising the show and so we ended up getting tickets for that instead. Happy days
I saw well will rock you about 4 years ago and I loved it back then but seeing it again now means I can appreciate it a lot more because I can understand a lot more of the adult humour and I never fully appreciated the technical side to this show such as the lighting and computer animations which are incredible. Another thing I appreciated a lot more this time round was how well it was written, in my opinion we will rock you doesn’t have the most thrilling story line like musicals such as wicked and les mis do but it’s a perfect story line. I think this because my 9 year old sister understood exactly what was going on and it really thrilled her wondering who the killer queen would catch next and would they ever find the lost instrument, where as when she watched wicked bits had to be explained to her. It’s also the perfect story line because there is a lot of very well carried out adult humour which the adults and older children really love! It’s like it can’t go wrong.
Of course the songs are probably the most amazing part of the whole show because they all come from Queen. They also are fitted in perfectly with the show, like there’s not a single song that you think ‘wow that didn’t need to be there’ showing again how well written it was. The cast this time round were just as perfect as the time before and I think the whole show is just so much fun, you leave feeling really excited almost which doesn’t happen with a lot of musicals, I think the somewhat light-hearted story line helps this a lot because shows like les mis and blood brothers are truly amazing but the story line means you leave feeling like you’ve been on a roller coaster of emotions, unlike we will rock you.
I love this show and it’s my second favourite musical of all time and I could honestly go and watch it every day and not get bored because it just has so many amazing moments in it! I would recommend it to everyone

1 comment:

  1. Well blogged Chloe and I like how you made comparisions to the last time you saw it. What were the costumes like? How do they compare to your costumes you made?

    ReplyDelete